As a property management company serving West Los Angeles and South Bay, one of frequent asked question from the property owners is how we kept our eviction rate at zero.
Although we assisted many property owners to evict their existing tenants and saw many horrible cases, we have kept a zero eviction rate for the tenants qualified by us.
So, how do we keep our tenant eviction rate at zero?
- Follow strict policies and procedures from applicant screening to rent collection. We do not deviate from our policies and procedures. We don’t go off of our gut feeling; we don’t make any special considerations for anybody. We don’t just qualify an applicant to get the property rented faster. We take whatever takes to find qualified tenants. By doing so, we are also able to stay out of any type of legal issue by complying with local, state, and federal laws.
- Don’t just look at applicant’s credit score. We look in depth of their income, employment and rental history. We have zero tolerance for the tenants with eviction history.
- Pay attention to applicant’s characteristics. If they commit to us to do certain thing at a certain time, do they follow through? If they don’t do that now when they’re trying to be the best possible applicant, how are they going to be when they are supposed to pay their rent?
- Aren’t afraid of denying unqualified applicants by complying with local, state and federal rules and regulations, especially Fair Housing or Discrimination Laws.
- Require 2 month security deposit for 90% of the property under our management, especially high end rental properties. If the applicants can’t afford to give 2 month security deposit, it will be difficult for them to go by if anything happens out of ordinary.
- Be very careful on the tenant selection and agreed lease term. Because once we sign the lease, it is a binding agreement. Depending on the city and local regulation, it may not be that easy to get undesired tenants out of the property, once we put them in the property.
- Front load the tenants of our policy and procedures at move-in date. Make tenants aware that our system has direct link with credit bureau, so all rent payments are reported on monthly bases.
- Communicate any issue as soon as it occurs instead of dragging it along, so we can look for solutions together before the issue becomes more serious.
If you think about hire a professional to take care all of your property related issue, Real Property Management Choice (RPM Choice) provides a full service property management services for your rental home/apartment in West Los Angeles and South Bay area. We offer premium leasing services and monthly professional property management at unbeatable price and flexible terms. We make owning rental property look easy, by increasing your rental income, cutting your operational costs, and keeping your property to its highest standard.
RPM Choice are led by a licensed real estate broker and 2 experienced real estate appraisers with 25+ year experience in real estate property assessments & residential property management.
Get a free quote and rental assessment for your rental property in West Los Angeles and South Bay! Call 310) 984-9518.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.